View Single Post
Old May 31st 2010, 14:10

I'd suggest starting with the 200# springs in front and go from there. They might feel a little stiff without gear or a passenger but won't bottom out when you do.

Is it a helper or tender spring? A helper spring is usually very light (around 10#), easily compresses, and is only used to keep the main spring seated at full droop. A tender spring is a fair bit heavier and used to make a dual rate spring basically. A tender spring might be 50-70# and easily compress during high load but would smooth out the jarring ride of the main spring around town.

Now with my setup I put coil over sleeves on the maxx strut body and with a 10" spring I found I need a helper spring to keep the spring seated. Using a 10" spring also gave me a fair bit of ride height adjustment.

I haven't had a chance to fit the qa1 coilovers on the rear but it's a fairly simple affair. Just drill a 2nd 1/2" mounting hole higher in the cup, and locate the lower shock mount with spacers. For the top, drill out the upper mount to 1/2" (kafer brace too) and put the shock in place. I think sandeep but up some pics of the lower mounts for the qa1's.