View Single Post
Old August 16th 2010, 23:45

autostick to manual - rhd

I know there are a lot of threads discussing how to change an autostick to a manual. My questions are more basic than that but loaded with caveats.

How easy would it be for a good mechanic to make the swap in a Super? I'm thinking in terms of number of hours and something like "not difficult at all" to "whoa, buddy, you're talking about a lot of fabrication."

What parts do I need to source?

How difficult is it to source these parts? The main caveat is this 1303 is RHD and I live in the USA.

How difficult would it be to continue the process to eventually make this a GL? (Remember the caveat above.)

I have been limited in time for searching for my GL replacement and a couple of possibilities have passed me by because of other priorities elbowing their way to the front. This 1303 has captured both my eye and my heart. I don't want to bother the seller with questions if this is a foolish endeavor, but this is the most excited I have been since a Mexican Brasilia came and went.

I really miss my 1302. I was shifting my Eos left-handed across my body tonight just imagining a RHD GL'er. I just don't want to be stupid with haste. Thanks in advance.