Thread: Speedwell Oval
View Single Post
Old March 16th 2011, 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis View Post
The rear kit is actually here

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...php?id=1103802

What are the differences and considerations between the front and rear kits at US$3,300 and US$2,400, respectively, and the full chassis? (I can't find the link I once had but I believe the price was in the US$9,900 range.)

Also, I am not really familiar with VIN's and Type 1's that are not Super Beetles. I know the VIN is typically located on older Type 1's on the chassis (maybe later ones and Super's also). How does one handle the VIN for the DMV with a full Mendeola chassis?

Or, if one uses the front and rear kits, is the chassis VIN still in play for use?
The kits are so the average guy can install them on their own, complete chassis are assembled by us, either onto your exissisting pan or one that we supply. Our full Mendeola chassis are built onto original VW center tunnels. What we do is purchase a donor car and strip it (including the pan halves) then have it sendblasted to bare metal so we can inspect it for any structual rust or damage. Once the tunnel passes inspection we then install our front and rear kits, replace the pan halves and powder coat the chassis. So the vin remains Volkswagen from start to finish.