View Single Post
Old August 19th 2011, 11:01
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
Oooooooooohhhh I like that a lot! I know exactly where you can install them!! Would you share some details? Please!?
The base headlight is a Porsche 911 Bosch H4 unit that I changed out the 911 chrome trim ring for a '66 vw beetle ring. I had to remove the H4 metal cap from the chrome bowl, just 2 tabs and it pops out. The bucket / bowl is still 911 Bosch H4 and I still have horizontal / vertical alignment adjustments

The glass was changed from the H4 fluted lens to a '66 beetle clear lens. The lenses are the cheap aftermarket ones and I'll be replacing these with some OEM lenses (if I can find them) but they'll work for now. You can tell how crappy the lenses are by the distortion present in the first pic

The projectors are bixenon Morimoto Mini D2S's with D2S 5000K bulbs, 35 watt ballasts and a custom harness. The shrouds are called Gatling Guns and include the 100mm dia CCFL tubes / inverters, all was purchased from http://www.theretrofitsource.com

I chose these projectors because the kit is a direct replacement for Halogen H4 bulbs ... total retrofit took about 2 hrs and I am impressed with the results, both asthetically and financially. I really wanted to fill in that 7" chrome bowl so the projector (2.5" dia) doesn't look lost.

Sandeep