View Single Post
Old September 20th 2011, 19:46

Hi Clive

I've now fitted a stock front bar and reversed "offset caster bushes" and I still can only get it back to 2440, the only thing that I can do now is make plate to bolt to the chassis to push the lower control arms back more to make the bureaucrats happy.

The wheelbase measurement is actually part of the blue slip process in NSW, you have your car engineered, then blue slipped which is like a more detailed rego check, part of the blue slip is the wheelbase measurement, then you pay your rego.

As soon as I went to the RTA with my car they whipped out a tape measure and told me I was 50 mm over, I then questioned them what it should be, they said 2400, I told them that they were using data from a standard bug, but I was still over 30 mm.

They told me an increase in wheelbase would make the car an ICV, an individually constructed vehicle, which is a whole new can of worms.

I also have an issue in the rear end with excessive toe out, BTW the rear wheels appear to be in the correct position in the wings/fenders, being 30 mm out you expect to see the wheels pushed back in the wheel opening.

I've had some offset A arm pivot bolts made which I hope will correct the excessive rear toe out, I haven't fitted these as yet fearing that I would make my wheel base longer.

Talking to other super owners on other forums they have reported longer wheelbases than factory on stock cars.

Australia is turning into a nanny state and its going to get worse, there is whole new set of rules coming that will make most things illegal.

Steve