Thread: Pics of my bug
View Single Post
Old June 24th 2007, 23:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis View Post
Do you mean lower it by three inches or to within three inches? And is this your starting point?

Assuming you meant lowering it by three more inches from the pic above, I think you will have fender fouling galore on bumps and curves. I would try different increments for the front first. I hope there are many intervals for you to try.

From there, you can decide if you like the looks of what actually works best. If you do, you can try the different spline methods others have worked with for the rear. If not, you have more tweaking to do before attacking the rear..
Oasis, my bug has airshocks in the rear so its higher than stock plus the engine isnt in it yet.Question, airshocks in the rear, when blowing air in the valves for the airshocks for the rear, is it normal for the frontend to come up to?It does it, and I checked the frontend and theres no airshocks up there though.Whats up with that?
Also Id like to drop front 3inches if its possible, although I will get 145/65's for the front, I just hope there wont be a big wheel gap.And if Im looking at the rear of my bug right, if I lower the rear 2 or 3" from the stock height, the fender lip should be even with the tires lip, you seeing what I mean?

also the more an more I look at my wheels the more I want to stay with them lol