Thread: wasserboxer?
View Single Post
Old April 11th 2006, 09:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricola
Great pics Moog, very nice quality work but I'd still cut up the front for a rad Do you plan to stay swing axle?

Rich
Thanks for the comments Rich (& everyone else!) For the moment i'm working on the idea that i can do a mirror image rad in the other rear arch if necessary. It's only going to be 120-130bhp anyway, so not massive amounts of power. Pace products used a 4-core for the rad and reckon it will work in a marginal air-flow loaction - i take their judgment on that as i'm not a radiator designer (Just an engine designer trained by Ricardo - i think Rich will have heard of them ) Didn't your first Speedster Alfa engine run cool with just two mini radiators tucked up in the back?

I have kept it swing-axle on the Basis that it is a GT beetle - for those who don't know (those outside of UK?) the GT beetle was a limited edition spec, and the only time they used the 1600 engine & unique ratios in a swing-axle / 1300 shell in the UK. Only 2500 made, & only 10% this colour, so part of my plan was to keep many of the original GT features, and that includes sticking to the high-ratio swing-axle box. Basically, i'm trying to create a 21st Century GT Beetle.

SteveC - Loved your car - would like to have seen it for real! It was part of the inspiration for this engine conversion.

Cheers

Moog
'02 Passat Sport Diseasel Estate ("Das Boot")
'05 Seat Leon FR, chipped (Mrs Moog's toy really...)