View Single Post
Old August 14th 2010, 21:22

I'm going down to pick the 901 tranny on Monday. Apparently the seller is friends with Jerry Seinfeld's agent in buying and selling Porsche's for his collection, Sam Cabiglio, and that is how he located this trans. It is described as a low mileage 71' 901; it still had the factory coating of cosmoline on it and not much road
grime, usually evidence of low use. He also has bug@5speed nose cone, front mount, rear mount, shifter fork adapted to a push type, bowden brakets, and also the new flanges... He said he has new cv's as well he will give me!! Overall, I dont think I could build up a late model type 1 trans for the amount I am getting this for... All I need to do is locate a porsche shift rod from a Porsche recycler and get a shifter. There is a great recycler in Arizona so I shouldn't have trouble finding a shift rod. I am still debating shifter directions, between the Bug@5speed one or the Bugtech shifter... maybe you could sway me Also if someone else could maybe chime in with their opinion on Porsche shifters because Alex I already know which one you are going to tell me to get! haha

I'm really excited now, still a bit nervous I am getting in over my head, but I think I am making the right decision. If all turns out right, I'll have a badass Porsche set up in my little bug!! Can't beat that!

Last edited by Bugged; October 31st 2010 at 16:01.