View Single Post
Old July 12th 2008, 18:41

OK well here is my little story from yesterday. My friends Rezie and Felix own a tuning shop called Genesis AutoSports here in Rancho Cucamonga where they work on all late model cars like audis vws, bmw, mercedes, etc. They do great work and are a very friendly group of guys. They have been wanting to see my bug as soon as I got it running so I went down to show him the car and they loved the color and the way it looks modernized. They were so blown away that they said they wanted me to roll with them to a upcoming car show that they were all going to go to with their watercooled cars and be apart of the represenatives for their shop. I said sure of course since I love going to all cars shows of any kind. Being as funny as they are they kept heckling me about not having the interior done yet and I told them in due time it will be done. When the wife and wallet allow.

So Felix says, "hey you need some cool racing seats to match the look you got going on." He was asking me what style I like and I said, "well I really like the Recaro style seats that some cars come equipped with from the factory like some JDM hondas and mitsubishi evolutions." Felix had a pair of seats on the rafters in the shop just sitting there and when I pointed them out and said thats what I think would look good in the car. He said,"those ones there? You like those? Yeah those will look great in there." "How much you want to buy them for" he says? I said, "well I know seats are not cheap and I cant buy anything today but yeah hold them for me and Ill get them after I get the headliner in." He told me nahh.. you are taking them now." After we joked around for a minute about the whole situation he up and says, " ok heres the deal. Im going to put these seats in your car and you are taking them home for free... well not free you have to drop off some of that good food from your work here every so often. ANNNNNNNNNND you have to bring the car to the show with us in August and sport a shop sticker... you think you do that?." I couldnt believe that my friend had just said this. So I accepted his generous offer and thanked him numerous times. So it appears now I have a deadline to get the car up to snuff to hang out with $40,000 plus modified cars. AHHHH NO PRESSURE!!!! ha ha ha well here are the seats and there is only one problem. They are brand new seats and have never been installed but they are missing the seatbelt hole plastic houseing because he took them off for another pair of seats. I just need to source them and BAM they are good as new!!!

Of course I had to do some test fitting and I must say I will be having the seat sit low or as it sits in the pictures because its a night and day difference in comfort and all around placement.

Now all I need is seat brackets for the seats and I am in business!!!

THANKS AGAIN TO REZIE AND FELIX AT GENESIS AUTOSPORTS!!!!

Oh yeah I also threw in some new shots of the car as

P.S. I also got a chance to meet EFFVEE (Francis) today when I was going home. He recognized the car from the build up thread and wanted to check it out. It was an all around great day!!!

Last edited by Phat73VW; July 12th 2008 at 19:17.