Thread: 2332 oil leaker
View Single Post
Old August 9th 2003, 04:29

Follow up on 2332 type I

Hi, just a few word about my 2332. You here all those catolog/magizine mechanics talk a good story. For me here's the real 411. Ever since I built the engine it had a miss in it. To futher add insult to injury it puked oiled at 75mph+. And yeah, yeah, yeah lot's of engine vents, both at the valve covers and oiller filler. I choose to lower the compression to 7.4 per the Berg soft ware. I also install a remote oil cooler -8 (big mistake) I installed the cooler left side in front of the rear time for the ram air effect.The oil cooler line should have beem -6 (-8 starve's the rockers. Now back to those 94 pitons (even bigger mistake for a daily driver) runs hot, gets hot, then comes the blow-by and oil just starts coming from anywhere, everywhere. Listen don't do it, don't go above 90.5 in the piston and liners.. since that time I had a stuck intake, which caused a carb fire due to the continual back fire into the intake, now as I type my wife had to come and get me had another car fire. Had a electrical fire last two weeks. You know they say nothing beats a bit engine. Well big is not always better stay within your means or you will regreat it