View Single Post
Old May 14th 2007, 17:33

Wow...I am psyched! Just got back from the local "german" repair shop and was asking the mechanic there about spacers, adaptors, etc. Well, as I am asking, he points to a sweet looking black older 911 with 18 twists on the back sporting 265's. And lo and behold...it was sportin' 3" adaptors! Not the "shim" type spacers but 5 lugged adaptors and what's more, they were ncredibly Beefy! Furthermore, it was his car! This is a bit of a relief for at this point, I just want to be able to fill my 3" wider CCC fenders with my 9" twists. Needless to say (but I guess I will anyway!) I was stoked to find out that I can do so without having to gut out the rear of my '72! If for no other reason, it offers me the ability to return to full stock should I want to sell her in the future. I have no desire to sell her at all but I'd like to keep her resellable!

And I agree Wrench...I will go with a solid spacer or adaptor. Once I get the wheels I will measure and determine the width of the spacer needed. Hopefully, based on the fact that Lazarus is using 1.5" spacers for his 2" wider rear CCC fenders on a stock rear, I am hoping the 2.5's or 3's will work. And by stock I mean stock trailing arms/spring plates vs. wider 944's.

What about the brakes...does it matter what type of rear discs brakes. I know Jon's at Topline are excellent rears (I have the fronts). Any thoughts?

Hazen