View Single Post
Old December 1st 2010, 19:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble View Post
Hopefully he can redo the front down bars and get them closer to the a-pillars. One of the biggest problems I have with my cage is the a-pillar gap. Good to see it's it's getting a cage, it means you can go faster.
Yeah, it's way to big a gap, it fouls the window crank, and its in my forward view AND it's about 2.5 inches from my left knuckles. If I were to lose it around a corner and start correcting, your hands just go for the wheel, they don't remember a bar in the way, so I'd be worried about spraining a finger in that scenario, the other is an impact in which a hand could be caught between the wheel and the bar, I don't suspect major damage as the wheels are usually pretty soft, but it could pin you. These are all worst case scenarios, but that is exactly when you wish you would have thought about it more.

Unfortunatlely it looks like in order to get the clearance I want we'll have to cut a couple of holes in the roof to finish the tops of the welds. The car is getting repainted anyway, but it's just more work. I don't like to have situations I'm not happy with stare at me everytime I get in the car, so I think I'll be happy with all the hassle in the end.
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S