View Single Post
Old October 7th 2007, 04:42

Finally driving it.Bought a Haltec ECU and spent about 8 hours trying to get it running-had no success-only managed to burn out a couple of the Auto starter motors, winding it over to try and get it to fire up.Gave up and took the car to a bloke in Adelaide,a Haltec agent.I left it there for a week and he got it running like a dream.The 20lb injectors are right on the limit and he has set the rev limit at 6200 because it doesn't make any more power after that.It's limited by the crappy muffler I made and the very mild camshaft I fitted.I am trying to run the motor in a bit,but it has unbelievable pulling power from the lights and the auto is unreal how it snaps into each gear when I push it a bit hard.The auto starters are a bit crappy in the design area-the front bush behind the pinion is only 9mm wide and very thin and I was flogging out the bushes fairly quickly by winding it over a lot.I ordered a High Torque starter from CIP1 in the US and it was here in less than a week-unreal service.I have since changed the exhaust to a set of extractors I made some years back and managed to squeeze a muffler behind the drivers side rear wheel-a little on the loud side at idle but OK while driving.Seems to go a fair bit better,but will get it back on the dyno next time I take the car to Adelaide.Couldn't be more pleased with the power and how it drives.Need to run the motor in a bit,then will try it on the 1/8th mile track here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg exh1sm.jpg (44.9 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg exh2sm.jpg (38.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg exh3sm.jpg (43.0 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by nbturbo; October 7th 2007 at 04:44.