View Single Post
Old November 19th 2009, 18:14

I had the Eagle F1 GS-D3 on my T-Bird Super Coupe, used them for summer street driving and some open-track days. Nice ride and great grip, killer wet grip too, which I really loved.

Obviously comparing apples & oranges as far as the vehicle type here, but I've ridden with a few students at track days with those tires on various cars, and they've great on everything.

Another one to look at is the Dunlop Direzza Star Spec, they are a max. performance tire, one step below an R-compound really. I have these on my Taurus SHO, which I put together primarily for doing track days with, but didn't want to be switching wheels & tires when I got there. Stiffer ride than the GS-D3, but grip is a level beyond for sure, and wet grip is quite impressive too. The first time I was out in the car this year for the Solo I school, I was basically driving by almost all of the other instructors in the pouring rain ... pretty funny when I had never been out on the track with the car before, and I had no idea where to set the shocks and tires.

cheers
Ed N.