View Single Post
Old May 17th 2006, 23:06

That's cool Pillow, I didn't think of it till you asked.

Here's a quote by lanner I found on another thread, I think it should be tied to this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat
I'm a little late in this conversation, but...

All 944T rear calipers are the same. The 993 rears are alittle prettier (smooth font), but they are the same as far as piston sizes and mounting ears etc..

Chris, try getting your hands on a boxster frontrotor, and then use that caliper you have in the front. I was mocking up up a similar setup, and I think it would work very well. On paper, it's about 12% more brake torque that a karmann ghia setup, with only 5% or so more fluid requirement. So it would work well with the stock master cylinder. Since the P-car caliper is stiffer than vw parts, the increase in brake performance will probably be more than what the numers show (ie 12%). And ofcourse you have a vented rotor with greater heat capacity and dissapation. Also, since it's a 24mm rotor, you save alot of weigh when compared to a 28mm setup...personally I think most that for most guys, the big-brake setups with 28mm and thicker rotors on a bug are a waste...they weigh a ton. (opps..there goes my business out the door......)

Lanner

Easy,
Lanner
'64 Ghia - Project!!-Subaru EJ20T, MS/EDIS, 993 brakes, 914 Tranny...