View Single Post
Old November 20th 2009, 12:14

A little update on the 2 liter turbo project.I´m back from vacation and picked up my parts from Remmele.

The heads are also finsished but I have sold them.Instead Remmele is going to do me up a set of CU heads.I´ve decided to go with the CU heads for a couple of reasons.First - more flow,more meat in the chamber and ports along with larger ports.I will be using 45x39 valves and dual springs 130Kg.The exhaust valves will be Mercedes 7mm stem sodium filled.The intake valve is a Remmele valve.Another reason is there´s more surface to seal for the header in the square port than the oval port.
I will more than likely use the BAS stainless header like Wally.Yes - I am a copy cat in this case.What convinced me is that Wally is now using a GT3076 Turbo and it fits in the same location as the old turbo which was considerably smaller.But Wally´persistance and 350HP don´t have anything to do with it

The crank and rods are also here - but no need to show that since they are completely stock - just well balanced.
3.5 kg Flywheel - including surface rust...I need to clean it up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2289.jpg (72.0 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2290.jpg (82.5 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2293.jpg (79.2 KB, 50 views)