View Single Post
Old July 2nd 2009, 00:24

Quote:
They usually are but what are they, I can't read them off the photo?
The #'s on the MC are 26 and 20

Quote:
What about pads.. I know on my street/track car I use to mix front and rear pads at times depending on the track and tire choices I had.. What is everyone using as their respective characteristics will have an impact on lock up also?
Quote:
Pad selection with full disc conversions with porsche calipers and discs will provide very high levels of performance in such a light car (around 2/3 the weight of a high performance Porsche) so the main problem will be to generate heat to get optimum friction. also, the cooling ability of the discs will quickly dissipate the heat that has been generated so it is better to select a quick i.e. low temperature pad. Any of the good quality pad suppliers such as Pagid will be suitable. I will be trying EBC Greenstuff on the front of mine.
Clive is right about the pads, on light cars it can be hard to get them up to temp. Until now I've been running PBR metal masters on the race car but it's been an autox/hill climb car. In those events you can't really get heat into them, even with left foot braking. I've still got them on the car but I won't know if they're keepers until the first track event. Performance wise they bite pretty good initially, they're easy to modulate and predictable on release.