Thread: Oval Bugster
View Single Post
Old November 3rd 2012, 12:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Indeed a cool build also, but doing a bug makes for so much more understatement in the end result imo.
Agreed!

In talking to different vendors there, I was encouraged to make the Ragster into a SEMA build, or at least get lots of vendors on board as sponsors. Reading up on the Internet last night about the Ghia, I found out that Road and Track's favorite picks of the show were that Ghia, and the APR Super Beetle. Maybe the writer loves VWs, but gauging the crowd response watching the SEMA Cruise, it became apparent that people really got emotional about older cars, and not so much about newer. I'm hoping the Ragster can bridge both and may be a good candidate for sponsorship. I'm just not sure I'll be happy with being held to some sort of contract...

Oddly the highlight of the show was a potentially revolutionary new material that was just amazing. I got chills thinking about its potential given it is stronger than carbon fiber, lighter than steel, flame retardant, AND biocompatible! The inventor worked at DOW and by accident created this material years later. It would be used similar to an epoxy resin, and can be ratio changed and filled with additional additives to have a consistence ranging from water to foam. I'm very excited to pursue the material use as possibly a wheel material initially, just has to be strong and light for that, but it may be able to be use as a joint replacement, a tooth, or even to fight cancer!

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S