View Single Post
Old April 20th 2020, 19:14
Administrator

With my parts stash drying up, and the next order not yet on it’s way…progress on the ’68 beetle has slowed up a little. I did manage to pickup the parts from powder coating, which was pretty funny. Poor guy is overloaded with work now that everyone is stuck at home. “All the projects are being torn down, I can’t work fast enough!” Apparently I should have inspected my bumpers a little closer before dropping them off. There are two light dents I didn’t see when they were in chrome, ah well.

With the rally lights mounted, I finished up the wiring. Being the smart man that I am, I recycled all my cardboard before making a template for a trunk lining. Gotta wait for the next big order of parts to have some material to work with! I must be getting lazy in my old-age. Using the PIAA relay instead of building my own relay panel.

I’ve planned for a front mount oil-cooler on this car, but haven’t worked out the mounts yet (cooler has yet to arrive). Normally I would run the lines through the Tunnel or the interior, but I think on this one I might just run them below the car like subaru-swaps do with the coolant lines. If it was a body-off resto, I would have prepared the pan to run the two oil lines through the tunnel…but oh well.

Brake mounts are currently being cut by my buddy on his CNC machine. Should have those mid week, as well as my next order of parts. Will allow me to finish the brakes, and the rest of the car minus the motor…no idea when that order of parts will arrive.

'68 Type 1 - Interm German 'look' project
'75 Type 1 - Family Heirloom
'93 Chevy 3500 pickup - Cummins Swap