View Single Post
Old January 1st 2005, 02:40

Käfer Cup and Porsche Busses

Yes, you heard it right! The Porsche busses are really fast up to 230km/h and sometimes even more. Last year I had the opportunity to drive the silver one on the pictures attached on the autobahn (motorway?), you have to concentrate very much. You are from the UK right? Maybe you have seen us at the Volkworld Show 2002, where we were invited by Ian McCuttcheon. On the way back to Germany, my friend got a speeding ticket in Belgium, he drove 100km/h more than allowed
I could burn the video on CD and send it to you, but may be someone have got the time and know how to put this video on this web site, I also have a lot of pictures from some european VW shows...

On the attached pictures:
The silver bus (Carrera Bus) is equipped with a 993 300HP engine with 993RS gearbox, on the 2nd picture you see from l to r: Silver carrera bus as above, Bus from swiss with 993 carrera engine and a camper with complete 996 engine, gearbox and brakes.
I also scanned an old article from 1992 which was printed in a magazine called VW Scene...

Norbert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bus1.jpg (73.6 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg bus2.jpg (72.1 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg scene1.jpg (63.7 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg scene2.jpg (75.8 KB, 103 views)