View Single Post
Old April 18th 2009, 03:53

Thanks Oasis, Kulein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep View Post
The engine sounds mean ! How does the drive compare to the old 2.0 with the 915 ? With the bigger displacement, you should have more torque to turn the gears for the G50 (but you knew that already )
First impression is that the cam may be a little large for this combo. I have more duration (163) and 114LC than the turbo webcam 119. Throttle respons with the stock cam was better still, but it does come in much harder when you fully depress the throttle, even at only 7 psi boost I had set it on.
Unfortunately then the clutch slips from the oil leak behind the flywheel, so the engine must come out again. Very frustrating...
The cam is therefore difficult to judge by now, but large LCīs may give less cylinder pressure and I am not sure if that is good yet. Like I noticed on STF, webcam has decreaed the LCīs of the Web 119... maybe they or their customers didnīt like the negatives over the advantages of running large LCīs... Thinking out loud, maybe large LCīs are better for engines that run high CR on turbo engines...
But maybe weīre going too deep here

The CHTīs were very good btw. Nr. 3 showed just a tad over 350F when it was full boost hauling down the straight at the track. Oil didnīt even get over 85 degrees Celcius after half an hour full racing (I didnīt really spare the motor...).
Quote:
Datalogs from the S60 ? How about some track video ?!?! I should really be working on my car instead of spending time on the computer ....

Sandeep
hey, you overasking here! Well, actually somebody (hey white german girl ) promised to come and tape the track day, but she didnīt show up...
Datalogs were boring again (IAT 21 degrees Celcius at a 15 degree day..) and I still havnīt been able to save a log while at the track. Since data is gathered continiously and I drove 2 hours back fron the track, previous data is autonmatically deleted. There is a on-off switch to be made, but I still havnīt gotton to that.
Long story short, nothing to show you ... You īll have to take my word for it