View Single Post
Old May 25th 2015, 06:02

To be honest, I don't know enough about the suby sixes to be of much help. It is an awesome engine and for its size pretty light. However, don't forget the rest of the system to support it. Radiator,oil cooler, all the water hoses,overflow tank and a bunch of little stuff. And if you do twin turbo it, there's another 150 pounds on top. If you're worried about weight,that's the wrong concept. I would turn that suby into a high revving N/A motor and go for a 100hp/Liter. 300hp and the torque and reliability of a 6 cylinder, you won't be any slower anywhere except maybe roll on drag racing I.e. Texas mile etc. Which is boring and any monkey can do it. Remmele's 3 Liter T4 with a 915 trans did 0-200km/h in 11.4 seconds, 0-100 km/h in 3.9 seconds, was 2 seconds faster per lap than the 996 GT3 in Hockenheim and 4 km/h faster on the straight in Hockenheim. I think the suby 6 power delivery would be better due to the additional cylinders and more torque. The strongest 3.1 Liter T4 that Remmele built has 364hp naturally aspirated. In wet weather,like any high power car is a challenge.