View Single Post
Old May 21st 2009, 13:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep View Post
I'm going to guess ~340ish HP at the F/W, ~290ish HP at the wheels

Sandeep
Nooo, its only set at 14,5 psi! I am already very pleased if I break 300 flywheel hp, which is about (15%) 260 RWHP.
Remember that I have a small-ish turbo (same size you had before with the VF39) that on the best of the best tuned subaru's STi's gets 300 rwhp at 20-22 psi.
So, 290 -ish hp at the wheels would really be the max for this turbo at its optimum boost level of that 20 psi...

Still, its always nice to talk numbers

There are some more dyno-days planned and depending on how it goes, I will try to do a 20 psi run somewhere.
On 14th June, there is the Budel meet where I have to defend my last years win of highest aircooled power on the mobile dyno. I only had the stock 2 liter in back then and the wastegate operating on its own internal spring (7 psi), so the 'win' only took 167 hp then

The then next dyno-day is 30th of june (or 1 juli) at Steve's open house in Belgium, where there may be some OFF (outlaw flat four) members when they come to europe for a week of EBI3 and Hessisch-Oldendorf or whatever this meet of really old cars is called Maybe a magazine will be there too to do a story on some street cars with different hp levels. Their current 4-car line-up only went to 200 hp, so I volunteered Not sure if our schedules match, so we'll see.

I love dyno events even more than drag racing to be honest.

Oh, almost forgot, I bought a slightly (according to the PO) used Bosch Motorsport '044' EFI pump from ebay, which should keep the fuel-flow and -pressure on the safe side. It obviously works well. Also interseting is that the 660 cc Siemens injectors are now back to 1.35 ms opening time at idle. Never could get below 2 ms with Bosch injectors before...

PPS: I looked up the VF34 turbo: most say its a 35 lbs/min turbo. I don't know what that means, but it has its flow limits around 300 hp 'they' say

Last edited by Wally; May 21st 2009 at 17:04.