View Single Post
Old July 22nd 2015, 13:00

Well, a lot on my plate today -- LOL -- Last night decided to run the oil lines down the tunnel and also put in a new starter and do the associated wiring with that chore -- -- So I had a choice of 2 starters setting on the shelf a new 16300, which is the auto-shift starter that I love in almost any situation, and an almost new Hi-Torque starter -- -- I decided to use the Hi-Torque and then remembered it was a IMI105 which is for use on a 6 volt flywheel -- damn -- Then I remembered a friend who was a neighbor of Chris Isom on of the owners of Hi-Torque, so I called my buddy who called Chris and Chris was nice enough to talk to me about what needed to be done -- seems as if they are both the same starter except for the pinion gear is bigger for the 6v flywheel -- so for $15 I got a kit to change over the gears. -- That little clip is a mother to get off and even harder to put back on LOL -- I must of had it spring off 5 -10 times while trying to get it on -- that little bastard is hard to find too LOL

with old gear removed and ready for new gear install--

old gear and new gear kit on left--

I'll need to orient the starter since it was last on the Porsche 901, but that is just R&R 2 bolts -- --

but before I do that -- I have to take the cat ((a few of you remember THE CAT)) to the vet to have her ANAL GLANDS expressed -- -- OH Joy!!!!!