View Single Post
Old November 7th 2004, 23:53

Nice GL Bill, I want a ride in it. Anyways, I was just on a couple of rides with biker boys while i was in town this weekend (packing), and it would appear there is snow already on the sides of the road to Icehouse, which = wet and slippery. Salmon Falls Road has a lot of nice tight turns and a few good straightaway's and it's a lower elevation too. I'm going to assume Mosquito Ridge Rd is as bad as Icehouse.
I got a link to very well layed out website that describes all of the good roads in NoCal and some in SoCal. www.pashnit.com it's a motorcycle website but from my experience, if it's good for bikes it's good for cars too.
Some of my favorites are 1.Mosquito Ridge, 2. Icehouse, 3 Salmon Falls, 4 Dogbar rd, 5 only if there are no cops and light traffic-Foresthill Rd, and finally 6 is Hwy 49 from Auburn to Placerville if there is no traffic on it.
There are a lot of the twisty stuff that I have never been on so have fun searching the pashnit site. I am still searching for some good twisties near where i'm moving too in SoCal, so far it looks like a hour drive to the nearest ones .

Nick