View Single Post
Old October 19th 2007, 21:15

I'm not dead, and neither is this project!

Thought I'd check back in (only 6 months later) and let you guys know that this project is alive once more. In late april/early may life got really hectic for me, between long work weeks, being the friend who's a mechanic or the friend with the truck, and a lengthy divorce, I just got burned out. But life has a funny way to make you sort your priorities.

In late June I found out I was going blind, fast. I'd developed multiple retinal tears and detached retinas in both eyes due to extreme myopia. For those in the know I had a -11 correction factor and retinal tears can develope around -6/7. I was already half blind in my right eye when I went in for emergency surgery in July and have been in and out of the eye docs office since. Things are finally looking up and though my vision is a lot worse now that is was, I can still see. So today was (hopefully) my final laser surgery, and I can finally kick start this project again.

Work has technically already resumed since I've been working the wiring harness but I'll save that for the next update.