View Single Post
Old September 9th 2009, 05:22

Hi,
I can't tell on the photos but are the arms pressed steel or alloy? Did you get the adjustable spring plates with the eccentric adjusters? Are the driveshafts equal length (i.e is it from a manual stickshift car)? What are you going to do about the front end?

STIDUB's comments on the wing (fender) width are valid.

The 944 conversion is not a cheap one especially if you factor in new rotors, pads, seals (brake and axle), bearings, bushes, CVs and new output flanges to suit the 944 driveshafts not to mention altering/replacing the parking brake cables however, at the end of it you ought to have a new rear end. At 200USD it seems expensive to me but we are maybe more fortunate here on our prices.

Is the m/c the early 19/19 one or the later 24/19 unit. Whether you need to retain the beetle standard 19/19 unit or install the 24/19 unit will depend on the brake bias you have. The problem with the Porsche m/c is that it has an integral resevoir so it will require new inlet connections to suit the beetle remote resevoir. The 944 m/c will not necessarily be a panacea for improving the brakes and you may find the standard unit might be better suited.

Clive