View Single Post
Old May 18th 2009, 00:13

Still sorting little problems with the car trying to work the bugs out. Took the maiden drive though, nothing special, but kind of frustrating. I hadn't quite set the shifter right and I left the wrench at home, so I couldn't get the car into 1st to climb our 7% grade driveway. I got it into first and up the hill eventually but it took a while.

A new item on the short list, a leaking MC. The plastic fitting on top is cracked and leaking so I need to find a new one. I also need to sort out the turn signals. Left side works fine but the right side makes all four corners blink. I'm on the fence about the pro synchro rings in the tranny. You really have to punch it into gear, even at low speeds, to shift otherwise it grinds. I need to see how they behave at full speed.

Finally got the fuel sender dialed in right, now full is full and empty is not full. While I was working on the tank, I checked the breather and I think I'm going to route it down out of the trunk areato reduce the underhood fumes.

Other than that I'm going to be scheduling dyno time on monday and well see what this baby can really do!