View Single Post
Old April 17th 2010, 03:31
Administrator

Well, it's 100% ready to go! I made two notes of items to check in the morning, its already filled with oil, so tomorrow morning is nail-biting cam break-in. If we didn't have noise bylaws, and my neighbours didn't already "love" me...it would be running right now

'Scuze the camera phone pics, I misplaced my camera at one point tonight.

1/2 the reason for the Accusump is right here...ground clearance galore!

Oil filter mount is still temporary, but the finished one is just going to be cosmetically better. Feed and return lines covered in DEI fire-proof heat wrap, which should eliminate any risks going close to the exhaust. I might go overboard and wrap the exhaust in the one spot as well.

Here's the real cherry of tonights work. This is a Moroso catch can which I found on the shelf at the local speed shop. I didn't have a breather setup figured out, and I figured this was likely small enough to work. Mounted using one riv-nut to the firewall, and welded in the corner. It *just* sneaks behind the carb, took a while to figure out how to get it all in there. AN fittings and line were serious overkill, but I had extra. The drain is just a straight hose to under the car. For the moment its just got a plug and clamp on the end, I'm going to figure out a drain setup later. Still don't have any idea how quickly a can like this will fill up.

-Dave
'68 Type 1 - Interm German 'look' project
'75 Type 1 - Family Heirloom
'93 Chevy 3500 pickup - Cummins Swap