View Single Post
Old July 24th 2006, 16:52

Hi Rich,
I agree totally about the 90% wear at warm up, but I think that comes down to how u treat it as well. I'm quite padantic with my car as it's my only transport, so diligency about warm up procedure each morning has become a mindset. I don't take it over 3000rpm until my water temp is at least 70d & NEVER get it on even the smallest amount of boost until my oil temp is up as well. For the first 20minutes each morning I'm in traffic getting nice & warm as I drop the kids to school so I''m lucky that I'm not going straight onto the Freeway.
Since December 2004 I've done 28'300klms in all weather conditions so I'm now familiar with what water temps , oil temps , oil pressure & inlet temps are/should be. Hey , I could be way off, but I got quite a bit of feedback from a vast array of Subaru engine builders & tuners in regards to my application.
hopefully it will keep running as superbly as it has been.
I will say this though, since taking out my 2275cc vw motor & putting in a wrx engine, I very rarely spend anytime in the garage anymore, almost to the point that I'm bored & looking for things to do to the car!
regards
Jak

http://www.superbeetlesonly.com/foru...y&cmd=sc&cat=6