View Single Post
Old February 12th 2011, 08:09

Hi

In a previous life this car was sports sedan running a 12a rotary motor

Ther pan took a lot of work, there was about 18 holes where various things were mounted to the floor pan, roll cage, the muffler and battery were mounted on the passengers side floor with big hole in the floor where the muffler exited, these have now all been fixed up.

I had to call on expert help from Brad a Westside mufflers to weld up my alloy mirrors after I cut the attaching legs off. The mirrors need to be painted with rest of the car so Brad kindly fitted this fiddly job into his busy schedule. It was made fiddly because these early Falcon GT replica mirrors appear to be die cast and were bitch to weld.

I'm using the stock mirror mount holes and using cutdown stock mirror stalks, this way I can change mirrors without having to drill new holes in the door, I ran the same mirror stalks on my old yellow bug but with XA falcon (Mel Gibsons Road Warrior car) mirrors.

I'm fitting air con to the car, so the inlet grilles were welded up as well as the LHD wiper holes. The extra holes in the bulkhead is where the stock dash fan will draw in air.

Hows this for a rust free air box? I'm going to use the stock air box drain tube on the evaporator housing and I've fitted a smaller OD drain hose in case any moisture gets into the air box.

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mirror.jpg (28.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg mirror.1.jpg (38.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg cooltop.3.jpg (62.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg cooltop.4.jpg (62.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg cooltop.5.jpg (54.6 KB, 31 views)