View Single Post
Old February 16th 2016, 11:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72marinablue View Post
Nice work! How do you like that 3 in 1 metal working tool? I have been thinking about buying one.
It's been a good machine overall. When I was shopping I searched "Made in the USA" and "3 in 1" or something like that and Baileigh's website popped up. The made in the USA was referring to other, more expensive stuff they make.

Anyhoo, this unit is made in China and sold under a dozen other brand names like Jet, Bolton, Central Machinery, etc. but it's pretty much identical.

Enough of that though.

The slip roller I don't use much because I don't need to but it does work well. A can of brake cleaner will take the yellow shipping goo off that they coat on these machines. Fuel pump baffle box for an older Nissan I made out of 22ga. aluminum:

The press brake is pretty good although just eyeballing it you can see the lower edge of the dies don't line up exactly. Left to right they're OK, but the dies are just a hair uneven. I tried adjusting them but not much changed. If I was really ambitious I could grind down the higher spots, but nothing I've bent so far requires that sort of precision. It will do bends up to and a little more than 90 degrees.

The shearing action is great on this machine. I've really been impressed how well it works. You can do razor thin cuts and there's no deflection of the piece. 16 gauge is the absolute limit you can cut and I welded the machine to the work table because you have to pretty much stand on it to get it to shear metal that thick.

The plastic handles and set screw on the side are pretty cheap, but nothing has broken yet.