View Single Post
Old September 3rd 2018, 07:57

Hi

Just got back from running the 1/2 mile at Gunnedah, I won my class and finished 37 out of 80 cars, ran at 231 kph

the runway at Gunnedah is very bumpy near the end, I think Im going to look at some front aero, it was getting a bit hairy at about the 700 metre mark and the car squatted the rear the whole length of the track

not sure if this video will play https://www.facebook.com/davejcarter...811864908/?t=0 I ran over some cement dust in this run and I thought it was clutch smoke so lifted off

I put a new radiator in the week before the event, it worked perfectly, I used one from a 944 Porsche, really nice fit, thanks to boys at Westside for helping out again with fan mounts.

with my intercooler temp gauge I was able to keep an eye intake temps, we used the Frozen Boost ice box and I again short circuited it to cut out the front mounted radiator, at the finish line intake temps were 90c after the turbo and 22c after the inter cooler, I was leaving the line with after cooler temps of around 18c

We setup the launch control and on the first run I fried the clutch, I nearly put it on the trailer but I let cool down and then I granny shifted it from then on.

So Im going to get hold of a front air dam, put a larger ear housing on my GTX3076 turbo as I went from a .82 to .63 trying get some better response when it was a 2 litre motor so I will go back to a .82 rear and go for some more kWs and of course I will see what I can do about a clutch, the Aussie dollar has gone south against the greenback so I will try something local if not I will see what Kennedy can do
Attached Images
File Type: jpg andrew and steve VWRXs.jpg (84.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg RR results.jpg (83.5 KB, 9 views)