View Single Post
Old February 15th 2011, 18:50

Hi Guys

Thanks for the kind words, still lots to do.

I decided at the beginning of this build to fit early Golf (later Mk1) switch gear and to mimic the wiring layout of the same model Golf with 16 fuses but the blade type.

The ignition switch / wiper & blinker switch housing fitted with a bit of fettling, the wipers feature electric pump activation and variable intermittent wiping and the blinker feature Euro parkers (side lights) i.e. when you leave the blinker on with the motor off the parkers come on, on that side of the car, not sure if this is a good idea or not.

The Golf switch gear feels much more modern as well. I also kept the old lock barrel and door handles from my old yellow bug when I sold the car as I had just fitted Audi lock mechanism to them, these feature reversible keys, as in you cant put the key in back to front, good when your getting old.

The mudguards I'm using are Aeros like I used on my old 1302, they take 911 headlights, I bought these headlights from Design 911 in the UK when the AU$ was OK against the pound.

Fuel system is a Carter lift pump with a Injection Perfection surge tank and a 044 main pump, the main pump is controlled by the factory Subaru boost sensitive pump speed controller, this area needs finishing off in the boot, I had to get the car running meet a local registration deadline.

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stalk.jpg (41.8 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg 911 headlight.jpg (47.9 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg tank.jpg (71.1 KB, 80 views)