View Single Post
Old August 2nd 2015, 02:57

Finally decided on a plan for the oil coolers move the front of the car -- -- I know, I know, but sometimes it just takes me a while to decide on a course of action -- I decided that since the shift rod was now run on top of the tunnel, I'd run some 5/8" aluminum tubing thru the tunnel -- - -- Since the PO cut the bottom of the tunnel at the rear to do the shifter for the 901 trans is should be a cake walk -- -- I got some water hose and cut it into 2" lengths and placed them every 1.5 to 2 foot along the tubing to hopefully reduce rattling -- I was going to put over the entire distance but I was wanting the tubing to act as a heat sink to also help lower the oil temps so I didn't --- --

I did some work on the front vents so that I can maybe add some ducting to the coolers

Here is a picture of the tubing exiting thru the PO's 901 hole:::::::

I'm still playing with a couple of different ways to mount the coolers in the nose -- and the mounting brackets -- but here is kinda what I'm leaning towards----- (you can see the tubing exiting thru the shift rod access hole)

Hope to finish this up tomorrow and get some brackets made and all the hoses ran to the coolers................