View Single Post
Old February 17th 2010, 23:48

@Jim, thought about it, but $$ is a little low with two little ones, and life in general. Plus I am not looking for a show car.. Want it nice, but not exotic.. Shooting for 8/10. I think to go the extra mile would be worth it, but not necessary.. But like everything, I need to put $$ towards where it will have the highest ROI, buffing and cleaning essentially cost me $0.00. Again, would be nice, but I can live with it this way..

@Evil, made sense. I also linked up with a buddy and he showed me the spacer that I needed, he gave me one, I need to dig through a box of 944 stuff and see if he has any others.. I may just go with the spacers.. not to much $$...

Here are some pics, of the other arm, I have to do some homework for school, and a house project, so when I get some time this weekend I will start here.. Enjoy.
1) The other arm

2) Here is the 80% solution- Still waiting on my 944S hardlines, and shims to finish this part of the arm.

3) Pic of the Shim, about the size of two stacked M12 washers.

4) Here is where the shim goes between the backing plate and the caliper

Besides this been sandblasting clean the spring plates.. had them primed and started painting when I realized that I should have undone the two bolts on the spring plate to ensure 1) I can adjust the ride height bolt, and 2) I need to check 944 spring plate to torsion bar clearance.. (Little tough as the NE has been hit with some cold weather and snow)..

I bought some 50mm by 2mm shims that I will use to space out the spring plate, they are in the mail, so that will be the next area to tackle..

Then I got some nice torsion bar/spring plates from the other side of the pond.. 3-letters GWD which use a delrin like sleave which I need to trial fit and open up a little to fit snug onto the outboard side of the spring plate..

Ok gotta run, more pics to come as time is available..
VR
Alex
Tele: 973 204-5463