View Single Post
Old March 16th 2012, 14:35

NO_H20, I got off the phone with RAT enterprises and told them about my breather tower situation. They told me that in order to make the DTM work, I would have to machine a block to regain the height that was machined off. He said that Jake did this once, and vowed to never do it again. Dean, the guy I spoke with did not see the picture of the breather tower so perhaps he envisioned a more severe machining of the tower? I do have access to a machine shop and a 5 axis cnc if needed, but at this point I am a bit fed up with the minuscule details that I need to accomplish to get this damn thing working.

Locally, a shop who does a lot of type 4 conversions has told me they have had success with the bergmann unit. One mechanic in particular told me that he has seen consistent and close CHT between 1&3 and 2&4 with 4 temperature transducers. I'm so torn because I read on here that the bergmann unit is crap and I'll freeze 1&3 and roast 2&4. Then locally they tell me it will work fine, and under full load he never saw the heads rise above 320. Is this really hot, I know Jake considered 300 to be roasting, but I am in the desert, Arizona.

Anyway, thanks for the help.