View Single Post
Old June 15th 2009, 17:05

I have had the MS2 up and working on my desk with a stim board for months. That and a lot of educated guess work got me off to a head start when I dropped it into the car. Ignition wise I stuck with the HEI unit that the CB fuel injection came with and I modified the relay board to make it work. Using the additional outputs I reconfigured Fidle to be off during cranking and on when the motor is spinning above 400rpm, which feeds a 5v signal to the HEI module to allow timing control. A pretty slick and easy setup if I do say so myself. No fuss with timing wheels either.

I've already gone through my timing map to pull timing based on map (1-1.5 degrees pulled for every 1psi) which is conservative for now and I'll add the timing back in once the water injection is enabled (it's unplugged right now for base tuning). For now I may just run a manual boost controller to turn up the wick and keep an eye on the logs for boost spikes.

With a few extended low boost runs on the freeway at 3.5-4k head temps stayed at 300-325* and my oil temp never climbed above 100* (even after a 2000 ft. climb). The oil cooler fan kicked on so I know the oil coming out of the motor is over 190, and the tank is hot to the touch but won't burn you. So the dry sump system is doing great so far and that's a big weight off my mind.