View Single Post
Old June 19th 2009, 02:30

I agree: great scenery!

The car looks very intimidating even standing still

Log is a bit worrying though:
1) you really need some sort of intercooling. If you need to pull timing to 17 degrees advance at only 10 psi, your leaving a lot of hp on the table. Also try to pull more advanve at peak torque and let advance come back slowly as rpm climbs. Knock is MUCH, much more present at peak torque than at peak power at higher rpms. Tuning is everything :-))
2) fattening up the mixture usually wastes more fuel and does not help that much for knock control; Iignition retard at the right rpms (see above) should be the appropiate action imho.
3) Your pulse withs (PW right?) are way too long for a turbo engine! You need larger injectors!
That might also explain the lean running (!) : Your running 15.5 ms at about 5000 rpm and 10 psi right?
16ms at 6000 rpm is 80% duty cycle (20ms is 100% DC). So, your 5Kprm and 15ms is already at about max duty cycle!!!
I assume your MAP fuel compensation is already accounted for in that 15 ms PW? If not and the log shows just your settings, then it would be even worse, but I suppose PW shows actual PW, so boost pressure compansation is already in that 15ms.
Anyways, it seems your injector size is too small.

I assume a lot here, so pls fill me in where I went wrong, but I think there lies your lean running, knock and bad milage issues...

Gotta love a good log

Last edited by Wally; June 19th 2009 at 04:26.