View Single Post
Old January 5th 2008, 09:18

Sandeep,
Did you already try to slip in a 915 disk between that 228mm type 4 flywheel and your 228mm type 4 pressure plate?

I have tried a new (!) LUK 228mm pp I bought for the occasion and also wanted to use Martins guidance tube, but I had the first batch that did'n't fit in the 915... After I had it machined some more, it probably will fit now.

The new LUK pp and the 915 disk would not fit . After consulting with Martin how this is possible, he got back to me explaining there are probably two versions of pp's and only one fits...
Recently I got another (used) 228mm PP from Fichtel & Sachs and that did not fit immediately either, but due to the different construction of these, with some clearencing of the pp and a bit of the disk, the 915 disk now spins freely in the 228mm F&S pp!

So if you want to go this route, I suggest to at least go with a F&S pp or get the Alfa 164 disk Tom mentioned earlier

Any reports on annular trow-out bearings that will work on a 915 box and are small enough to fit between there and the 228mm PP, are greatly welcomed

Regards,
Walter