View Single Post
Old February 2nd 2014, 07:09

Hey Randy!

There´s quite a bit to report since this thread was last active.Randy dug up some bones here! But I´m glad you did! The most work went into the floor pan.It has been reinforced with steel round bar,blasted and galvanized,then painted with a corrosion inhibiting paint used on truck trailers and the a further corrosion resistant paint/compound called Brantho Korrux 3 in 1. I bolted the suspension up,but i still have to do a few adjustmenst so the uni-ball set up lines up properly.Since I have the real wide 944 turbo S2 trailing arms which are 7,5 cm wider than stock IRS and aprox. 3cm wider than the older model 944 turbo trailing arms,I´ll have to shim them at the front mount.I´ve also decided to replace the bearings in them,so I´ll be taking that all apart today.
The front spindles are stock and not modified but have Remmele aluminum hubs that came off of a former Käfer Cup car and the torsion plates/springs in the front beam have been replaced by Remmele´s uni-ball set up.This allows the trailing arms to move independantly without stress on the beam or the other side.The final step will be to incorporate a supportarm for the trailing arms.This will give the 1200 suspension the same characteristic as a double wishbone set up.The "problem" I have at the moment is that the brake caliper adapters don´t fit my big 996 Carrera brakes.Most of the Cup cars back then ran 304mm discs and mine are 318mm,which also has a different offset.So now I am waiting for new adapters to be made. I also started routing brake lines and installed the 944 turbo master cylinder.I will also be installing a brake proportioning valve once the body is on the pan.I also have new 7,5x17 and 8,5x17 Porsche wheels off of a Boxster.I´ll have to shot some pics of those.
I will be completing the engine soon also,I just have to make room first so I can build it in a somewhat sterile environment.Further updates are carbon fiber running boards,widened epoxy fenders front 3cm wider rear 6cm wider.Tires are 215/40/17 and 245/40/17.
I had instruments made from Speed Hut instruments.I am absolutely exstatic about the product quality and service. Autometer doesn´t even come close to these imho.Everything you need is included and all top notch.Even a custom order only took 3 weeks to delivery and that beeing shipped overseas.Fantastic! I will be ordering further instruments also.

I´ll post some more pics soon..