View Single Post
Old January 1st 2007, 15:29

volkdent, i agree with you saying that it probably adds nothing to the bug's aerodynamics, and it does add weight. And yes, GL is all about "form follows function", and using these covers is really not about function. I'm using them mainly because i wanted foglights, (which is a function, tough not a performance enhancement). Anyway, i want to see how it looks/deflects air after i drop the car, and i've been thinking about closing the air dam holes in the covers, and probably molding it to a different shape, to be a real arodynamic enhancement. That or just putting a kamei underneath, if i ever manage to get one

On a different note, my car was crashed about six months ago, and i had the front cover replaced with one with much smaller dam vents (don't know where the insurance got it from), and the shape of the current cover is such that the air will crash with the car body and not with the cover, at the lowest part of the front midline. Interestingly, this leaves a shape that, when looked from the front, reminds the air deflecting fenders from australia.
Transmission: Planning Stage
Suspension: Front: 3/4 swaybar w/UrethaneBushings, Dropped Spindles. Rear:CB Camber Compensator. Lowered 2 splines
Brakes: Front Brakes: 280mm solid rotors, two pot calipers. Rear: 280mm solid rotors, 1 pot calipers w/ebrake

Last edited by EvilAngel; January 1st 2007 at 15:43.