View Single Post
Old April 10th 2006, 23:19

Talking It's A Boy!!

YEAH! After almost 2 months and 1 failed deal on ebay. I finaly have my Subaru engine!

I started working on it a little tonight. Took off the intercooler, altenator, power steering pump, and AC compressor. It really started to take shape after a few of the bigger parts were off. I carefully removed all the parts that I'll reuse and the parts I won't. I didn't want to ruin something I might end up needing by ripping stuff off. I also began to more or less get familiar with the Subaru, running down hoses, fuel lines, vacume lines, coolant lines. To get a good feel for the location of everything.

I'm not sure where I'm going to go next. I might pull the intake, along with a few misc. peices, and start fitting it in the car. Then decide to either flip the intake or not, sort out the wireing, air filter/ intercooler, coolant lines, replace timing belt... A bunch of things to get sorted out. But at least I have an engine now.

I've also enclosed some pictures. It has a long way to go, but I'm definatly going to clean it up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Subaru Engine 001 (Small).jpg (64.6 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg Subaru Engine 002 (Small).jpg (56.3 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg Subaru Engine 003 (Small).jpg (52.5 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg Subaru Engine 004 (Small).jpg (58.0 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg Subaru Engine 006 (Small).jpg (54.5 KB, 139 views)
'64 Ghia - Project!!-Subaru EJ20T, MS/EDIS, 993 brakes, 914 Tranny...