View Single Post
Old August 14th 2002, 20:24

I don't know much about T4 heads so I'll stay away from that part. I can tell you though to get a head with alot of meat on it. Especially around the intake ports. Also, try to find heads that are efficient in cooling. I see guys running CB comp eliminators on their street cars and they can't understand why their cars are running high CHT's. Those heads have like 3 cooling fins on them. You see what I'm getting at. The most expensive isn't always the most practical. Nothing against CB, I run CB 044's, the Comp Eliminators are for race applications. As far as head work goes, it all depends what you can spend. We all know that air flow is very important when trying to gain power. You can gain alot of power from headwork. In my opinion, get as much as you can afford to match your engine specs, unshroud the valves and MATCH PORT YOUR MANIFOLDS or else your head work really doesn't matter. Also, if you can, get your work done by someone with a flowbench. That way you know what kind of a difference you'll be making. Hope it helps.

"If you are under control you're going too slow" - Parnelli Jones