View Single Post
Old August 16th 2002, 09:21

uneven?

I have heard that the exhausts flow alot less that the intake ports-as Oliver hinted at. If your gonna send them all the way to the US I would be really careful. I have heard stories of heads being held hostage -taking over a year to be completed!! This was one of the most respected head shops here. You would probably be better off finding a shop that will work closely with you and build them to suit your needs-I would also make sure they have a flow bench to measure the % of int. vs. Ex flow. Gotta get it out b4 you put more in. I tried porting my own heads this last motor and I went toooo far. It's easy and expensive to get carried away. I deshouded the valves to much and messed up the barrel sealing surface! I was confident because I had done plenty of "Fluff & Buffs" to aftermarket heads. Making killer heads out of stockers is a whole different ballgame. What do you want to spend? By the time you ship them to the us and buy parts you are looking at alot of time you could have spent hitting some apexes-SS

Last edited by stkmtr; August 19th 2002 at 14:22.