View Single Post
Old September 20th 2009, 11:31

Well, because of budget concerns, Just assume I'm going to use everything in as "stock" configuration as possible. I may at some point after I get it driving on the road upgrade to a turbo, h/d transaxle, and upgraded power mods on the engine, if I get the urge. I know there is somewhat of a clearance issue on the stock engine oilpan, but I can live with that temporarily, just have to be aware when driving on these horrible louisiana roads. I don't suppose there's enough sheetmetal on the back of the bug engine bay to attach any kind of good mount or stabilizer for the engine? Tom72, what you were talking about seems interesting too. I'm not going to be dragracing this thing anytime soon, I just need a reliable daily driver. Photo's would be a good help. I have had my car for about 5 years but have never done any heavier maintenance on it than a new starter and brake work, so I'm not as familiar with the layout as I should be. Ive been reading my Hayne's manual, but you folks seem to make alot more sense lol.