View Single Post
Old March 9th 2004, 11:42

Hey Steve,

I have to question your statement about the custom SAW axles - since I was I the same dilemma. I contacted SAW and they said they "would" make custom axles, 28 spline one end and 33 spline the other. Perfect eh? The kicker was the $650 price tag! The full 930 option is also doable, and bolt-on but IMO really overkill and a bit expensive if you have to purchase all new axles/CVs/Boot kits/etc. Also those 930 CVs each weigh about a pound more than T2 CVs! I've found a 3rd route, which was described in an earlier thread but it's time to update. The latest is I'm having Precision Alloy in Washington state custom modify my trans output stubs to take T2 CV joints directly (instead of using adapters). Todd at Precision basically removes the flange portion of the stub then presses and welds on a new chromoly flange (and custom machines to whatever size you want). He does this routinely for many off road racing teams, quality and durability is top notch. I'm sending my 901 (914) stubs this week for the treatment. He does these in batches, so might be a while before he does another set.

FWIW I've got a set of 930 sized 901 output flanges I probably won't need anymore if anyone is interested.

Jeff