View Single Post
Old February 7th 2013, 12:14

Talking bias valves and Wallace and grommet..

Hi Moog, Good to have another build for the circuits, as to bias valves, a rotary has more range and is more secure i spose, but then i like the quick 'repeatable' settings the lever type offers, mines just ahead of the shifter base plate, i fitted it so pull back is for more rear, forward for more front, fitting it there is good for visual reference and is easy to plumb too, remember kiss mate,,,,
your 24 mm 944 bars are fine with the Porsche s/plates, the grommets are red urethane T1, i just had some existing oversize bug smooth type outer grommets turned down to go in the housing with a collar left on the outer face to space the s/plate out a fraction to stop travel interference on the shock tower frame, the inners are just bug knobby ones . ive run what you suggested, short 1200 type 22mm bars with T1 adjustable s/plates? worked really well, felt just a bit stiffer than the long 24mm ones as regards balance, understeer being anathema to me. one slight thing was inside rear lift, i went to drop spindles with stock length front shocks and a stiffer rear bar and its mostly cured, but it will spin up (free diff) if i get clumsy on the gas pedal, it need limslip i spose in reality, i cant just boot it, and it has scary throttle response even with just the little DJ wasser 2.1 up it... good man, hope this helps you get some ideas for it all, get to it now... regards Johnny. Just re read, you meant short 24mm bars, i tried 26mm short bars, and it was like a drift car, but im a late and trail braker, so not my style, i would try them moog, it wont understeer, which is good, and they may suit your style, for me they were to stiff... J.

Last edited by spannermanager; February 7th 2013 at 17:46.