View Single Post
Old October 21st 2006, 22:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat_iv View Post
Mikey,

Do you have any more closer detailed pics of your nose/nostril section of your ghia? I have a 74 Ghia with a 2.2 Suby and I am at the point to start cutting the front end to let the air in to the compartment. I also reversed the intake manifold around and modified the stock headers to work. I ended up shortening the headers by approx. 2 1/2" in total height.

Good Luck on you project.

Richard
I wonder if this is what you mean?

This is from the inside, I'm not finished yet. I still have to make a way to seal the radiator compartment off from the rest of the trunk. It will seal against the hood.

You'll notice in the picture above I didn't have a place for the gas tank to sit, I've already replaced that along with the parts that mount to the front beam. There was almost no way to cut enough holes in the original stuff with out totaly weakening it beyond use. The trunk will be sealed off from there to the hood.
Here is another without the radiator.

And yet here is another with out the radiator, but with the fan. Odds are I'm going to move it to the back. Unless I'm mistaken, it's better to pull the air though then try to push it through. Small desigen error.

Thanks, good luck on your project. I'm not sure if I'm going to shorten the header, I shortened the oil pan already.
'64 Ghia - Project!!-Subaru EJ20T, MS/EDIS, 993 brakes, 914 Tranny...