View Single Post
Old April 28th 2006, 07:41

Just an update-when I fitted the 2 doors,I couldn't get them to sit or close properly-tried everything except bringing in the hydraulic gear.Had to be careful not to damage the paint.Any how I gave up on them,and found another 2 from an Oval,but they had been modified for 1 piece windows(which I didn't want).I have pulled the hinges apart and bent them so the doors fit and close properly.Something must have moved during the sunroof fitting,because the originals fitted perfectly B4 it went to the body shop.I have sent the new doors away to be paint stripped and they are now ready to be picked up.Have also had the Auto away getting reconditioned and had the front clutch hub machined to take an extra disc,the convertor has been tweeked and the prssures have been raised.The trans is also finished,so I have to make a trip to pick it all up( 1,000kms round trip)While I have been waiting for it all,I have started my next car-a drag Beetle which I will make into a Ute style body.Have bought an Autocraft 2.6lt motor with Methanol injection and the Auto craft dry sump system.Have just finished making the exhaust for it-made it all sit on top of the motor because it won't need any cooling system and it won't get in the way of the 3 stage oil pump,ends up with a 3inch outlet.Just changing the throttle arms to something more simple than the originals-useing a Type3 pivot and made new rods like a Type3.Have started on the pan-will use a link pin pan and have cut the torsion tubes and centre spine from another just in front of the gear change,and will weld that on top of my pan- so will make the wheel base 4inches longer and raise the torsion bar tubes and trans up 2inches.Will post some pics when I start welding it all together.[IMG] [/IMG]